Wednesday 24 June 2015

And we are off

Omg my eyes are hanging out my head. I maybe got 4 hours sleep. Excitment and nerves plagued my head and body. Sleep was the last thing I could seem to do. I drifted in and out of a light sleep until finally I just had to get up. The morning has been a buzzed of excited children. Stressed mummy and a very happy daddy. We seemed to have made it out of the house with everything we may possibly need and are on the road to head to sydney for our night time flight.....

We arrive at the airport with over three hours to spare and you know time seem to just fly and before we knew it we were on board an A380 bus and are in the air. The girls were happy and enjoying all that flying entails. Sleep found us at 1am and when I say sleep I mean sitting upright with multiple children leaning on me and my eyes were closed. 
At 5.20am Abu Dhabi time this morning my little family and I touched down in Abu Dhabi for the night. The people are just so friendly and the landscape is so vastly different from home it actually polarises your thought patterns. It's flat, sandy and the haze from the humidity is crazy. 

We even ran into Sunrises David Koche and his wife in the hotel elevator where I embarrassed myself to no end. As I finish this I'm watching my girls swim and play in the hotel pool. Day 1 is over and the adventure has just started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx