Monday 8 June 2015

Hide out is over

Five months ago we sold our Main Street business in a small central west nsw town. We had been public property for four years and when we sold, I had made a packed with myself. I had decided to slip off the radar for a good period of time. I closed my Facebook for a long period and I didn't venture out much. I started writing a book, while I have read book after book. I needed this for my sanity and a massive reboot on my life. 

Selling the shop was a priority for us. It had gotten to the stage it ruled everything and it just wasn't fun. Stress rained supreme and my girls were placed last in priorities and this just wasn't right.  I was proud of what we had done but things had to change. When the shop sold so quick, I think I let out a breath I had been holding for months. Relief hit me and that's when I made the choice to isolate myself for a good period of time.

I'm sure some people have been offended but you know what? I did this for me. I needed it. I needed to have silence from people. I could not be a $4.50 coffee counsellor anymore. People   Who know me well, understood. The ones who didn't, I put no effort into. Simple but harsh, it was time to be selfish which is not a common thing for me. 

I have loved the silence. I have loved the timeout. I have loved that I have rebooted and my family are now back in the right priority place, number 1! I'm baking for them like a crazy person. I know what they are all up to and they are talking to me about everything. It hurts to think I have missed such a big chunk of their lives. A lot happens in 4 years. I mean for freak sake I have a child in high school now. How did that happen!!!

So this weekend I decided to get back out. Knowing my mind and soul are in a great place I have ventured out all weekend. Talked to people I haven't seen in what seemed like forever. I may have gotten a little wasted which when you haven't seen people for awhile, slurred speech makes for very embarrassing conversations!

Either way I feel good with me and my life. I love the people who have stuck with me while I wasn't so social. I feel this year changed so many things for us and me. I am not carrying baggage. I'm not stressed and worried. I'm enjoying everything and being 100% in the here and now. I still think my hermit ways will stick but I will force myself to get out more. Once a hermit, always a hermit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx