Monday 12 January 2015

Life as we know it

The decision is done and things are a changing. The shop is on the market and we have let the gossip begin. Small towns are rif with this and whether people know a little or nothing, they talk. Never stopping to ask why or want to understand the need for change. We have held this announcement close to our chests for over two months. It hasn't come out of nowhere, it has evolved through, thought and the trusty old list of pros and cons. 

Marty and I are making this decision for our future and my health. This won't tick high on the gossip radar but it's the truth. We are thinking of us for a change, instead of the want of the greater population. I mean don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore what we have achieved in our almost 4 years. It's us all wrapped up in our own little package. It's food made with love and coffee that gives your mouth a .... Anyway, we are proud of ourselves no matter what the haters say. 

So in less than a week our life will officially change. Marty will start a new job. This is huge as we have worked alongside each other everyday for a long time. It scares me to think he won't be there to run ideas past. To prop me up when I'm having a bad day and to laugh at my goofy singing. I will miss him like crazy, as he is one of my best parts! The shop seriously won't be the same with out him, but it will help with the eventual sale that he is already distant from the business. 

Once the sale occurs which at the rate of interest hopefully won't be long, change will be 100% on its way. To say that I look forward to not doing Bookwork, cashflow  projections, dotting every i and crossing every t. Bliss, pure bliss! My stress will be able to stablize and my anxiety will settle. 

So life as we know it is changing. Changing for us is a good thing. Progress in a good direction is never bad. I'm excited, sad and a little nervous but I'm determined that 2015 is going to be better that the last two years for our family no matter who it upsets. 

Cheers to the sun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx