Thursday 9 July 2015

The last few days

The last few days have been mellow. Sleeping late, pastries for breakfast. This has been a holiday where time has not existed and relaxing is just a reality. My girls have sleep past 10 most days this week, and once risen have been happy to be on the go slow for the rest of the day. 

The girls have played football a lot, boules, tennis to name a few games. Flowers have been picked by the baskets  with dancing and singing happening in what seems to be an enchanted garden. 

Marty and I went to a farm to try some cidre (cider) which I have to tell my cider loving friends was flipping awesome. It's just so,so good!! They also have this cherry or raspberry liqueur you can add to it for extra sweetness and also kick as its 20% proof. It was a great experience as they were also a working dairy which here is very small. They only had 170 Cows and a very small plot of land compared to our farms. Beautiful people and they also could speak English which made the experience a little easier for all of us. 

Today we ventured to a town 20kms away that has a massive lake with beach area. The girls swam and played on the equipment. They went on peddle karts and peddle boats. They had a ball and really didn't want to go home. I have packed most of our bags in preparation of our departure to Paris on Saturday morning. 

Tomorrow we are heading to a village to catch a glimpse of the Tour de France. Should be interesting since I'm not into sports at all but I'm sure the atmosphere will be amazing. 

* I apologise for my lack of photos as I have gotten a new,very flash camera which I can't download photos until I get back. I promise I will share them soon. Bx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx