Sunday 21 February 2016

What? Monday again!

I don't know about any of my other parent friends but Monday mornings in our house always just seem crap! It's funny how Monday-itis isn't just for adults. Kids seem to get it too, which is all good and well unless your the one having to keep them going so they can get out the door in time. So my morning went a little like this.....

6.25am Marty's alarm goes, which he snoozes on. 6.30am my alarm starts with a P!nk song on the radio playing in which I think I'm dreaming about until I finally come to. I switch it off only to face plant my pillow again. I lay there not quite awake until my pea size bladder screams at me to get up. Marty has a cuppa tea ready for me as he walks around waking the girls. The three little ones come down stairs one after the other. Hair disheveled and sleep still clinging to their eyes. 

The biggest girl is yet to surface. After 30 minutes of calling her name, I walk in and strip her of her Doona and sheet. I get a mouthful in a language that is from another planet. She finally gets up, complaining about her new school skirt being to puffy, like I can make her more curving with a twist of my wrist! She then grabs an up'n'go and walks out onto the deck. 

All the while the three little ones finish breakfast and get dressed. Amelia comes down in shorts which I say go and change and put your skort on. She argues, I yell, she yells, I yell some more she then says fine and storms off. I'm calling maya to come back inside or she will be late. Mills comes down after 10 minutes in a skirt, I say how will you do cricket practice in a skirt, she goes and changes again this time into a skort. Call Maya again. Put Georgia's hair in a ponytail. 

All the while I'm walking around tidying up so I can clean etc on my day off. I need to use the toilet, 2 kids want their hairs done. I say 'go do another job while I go to the bathroom'. Not even 5 minutes later I find Maya still out on the deck and now mills is swinging in the hammock. 

Wtf! I yell at both of them now, in my crazy mummy is losing her ever loving shit voice.  I address Amelia first who confirms she was not doing what she was told, I tell her to go pack her lunch. Onto Maya about her slowness and mills walks into Maya's room. Ok! Why are you in here mills? She replies, no lie 'I just wanted to look at Maya's desk'. Again WTF!!!

By this time we have 15minutes before the bus comes and only two kids have gotten ready. Oh and while all this stuff is happening, Miss Emerson insists on taking her guitar to school for show and tell. So it needs dusting off. Then she pipes up and says 'can you just tune it for me?'. Man I should have more grey hairs. 

I get them to the bus stop with a couple of minutes to spare. They all get kissed and told to have a great day. I love them terribly but Monday's suck hairy nuts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx