Tuesday 13 August 2013

Tuesday Tunes

Today I came across a quote that read "music is what feelings sound like", this I find to be one of the most accurate things I have heard for a while. 

How often do you here a song that relates to something you are going through? How often does a song help you to feel better? How often does a song remind you of a moment in your life that you never want to forget?

This for me is true. I here certain songs and they take me to some of my most happiest and saddest moments. I'm there again, in that moment! Feeling all those feelings good and bad. Like the feeling of the first time a boy breaks your heart or when your soul mate promises to be your shelter for the rest of his days.  

The moment one of my beautiful girls came into the world a jack Johnson song was playing and every time I hear it, the memory of her coming into this crazy world appears behind my eyes and tears fall from them!

I love music, I don't have a 'type' as such as that would mean I could potentially miss out on music that may touch me. I love music that evokes thought, feeling and memories. I just missed the boat when it came to musical talent, can't sing or play an instrument. Always wanted to be the lead singer or the drummer. Had a picture in my head of how I would look lol. Short leather skirt, fish nets, army boots, black hair and red lipstick, I know I have over thought it some what!

So today we had a young busker at the shop as a start to a busking arvo once a week.  She was fantastic. She could tell the story of the songs so well. No matter what she was singing you could feel the emotion it talked of. A sign of a true artist. 

Today brought me joy to see a young girl sing in our shop. It brought joy to see people young and old truly enjoy her music. It made me happy to be able to have something to offer to another human being. Music is a beautiful thing and life without it would make me very lost! So music is what feelings sound like to me. 

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx