Thursday 13 March 2014

A day of what to do's!

This morning was the same as the last seven. Cranky, yelling, slow moving, no motivation and late. Always late. And this is just the children! Today just sucked. It sucked big nuts, big big nuts! The tough love thing has actually changed nothing. A big fat zero!!! 

This morning I think I just felt a little bit of ground hog! A bit down that I can't seem to work this parenting business out. A bit of throw my hands in the air and give up. A bit of can I put the kids on eBay? Accessories included!

So Marty and I were a little low. The girls had gone to school upset because they were being naughty again and knew they had upset me. I thought about them all day. Wondering if school distracted them. Whether they were ok? Whether they were enjoying their day?Whether they still loved me and their dad? What to do, what to do??!!

When they walked in at 3.20pm. I felt like I could breath again. Arms wrapped around me and I knew they still loved me.  They still weren't perfect, but Marty and I went home at 4pm and while they played we chatted about them. Talked about the things we have tried. The things we want to improve. The things that aren't working. It was calm, no yelling just making sure we are on the same page. 

Once we had worked out our plan, we called them in and talked. Talked about what we want from them, what they can expect from us. How the main thing they need to remember is respect! Respect for us, respect for each other and respect for other people. 

I'm trying to think positive. I trying to be strong with them and be consistant with what I will accept and what I won't. Parenting is the hardest job ever. We set high standards on ourselves, trying to live up to our parents standards. Trying to be more than is possible and not giving ourselves slack when we fail. 

Today ends better than it started. Happier, calmer and nicer than the morning fight club. I hold hope, that while I'm always learning in this job, that in someway, I'm doing something right. Even just a little. 

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx