Tuesday 4 March 2014

A shouse full of love

I haven't blogged about the block and the shouse for awhile. It has felt like we were never going to get anywhere. Between the paper work and the extreme dry heat the battle seeming to be lost at every corner. This week has seen a change. A new level of getting closer. Each hill being conquered. 

The last two days Marty has been up working on the shouse. We now have 2/3 of a roof! It's amazing to say how good this feels. My husband is doing an amazing job. He is learning constantly and I am so proud of him. 

Today he packed afternoon tea for the girls so when he picked them up they could head back to the block and finish the roofing that he started. He needed to get the insulation covered in case it rained, which funnily enough it did.  

They loved being up there. Now that they to are seeing the shouse take shape, they are excited. I knew none of this excitement until I greeted them at the shop door this afternoon. I was greeted with stories of what's going to be in their bedrooms. How a flying fox is planned. Where the tree house is going and don't ask how but a tunnel to a underwater pool. 

Their excited little faces and the squeals of laughter just made me giddy with my own excitement. Excitement because I too feel the same as them. 

My excitement lies in a big veggie patch and chickens and goats. To live off this gorgeous piece of heaven. To grow things seasonly and create from it in our shop. To wake up to the piece and quiet and feel like you are miles from anywhere. 

So whether young or old. The excitement of something is still always a driving source of energy and focus. I love that my girls find such joy there. I love seeing them play like I did as a child. I love seeing them make believe, with no device creating the experience for them. Don't get me wrong I love all things apple, but balance is required. 

Today's highlight was a childs excitement, that not matter how old, can still come out when the time suits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx