Sunday 6 April 2014

The treasures you find when your not looking

Over the last week we have been packing up our home of ten years. When we moved in all those years ago, there was three of us. Now lives six! We have not only doubled in numbers, we've doubled in beds, clothes, toys, linen and the list keeps going. When I first started packing boxes, I seriously had no idea where to start. We just have so much stuff. 

Once I started, it has been fairly easy. I found that taking the centimental things down and packing them away made the feelings of saddness leave me. I now have many empty cupboards and draws. My walls contain no photos and the boxes have started to be moved into storage. 

Today as I packed, I came across old letters, letters that Marty had written me almost 19 years ago, cards that spoke of feelings that have only grown deeper and forever love that will never die. I did get a little side tracked with some of these, they made me truly smile. I also found old diaries, old letters I had written to myself to help let go of helpless feelings and I also found old letters from a long gone friend, talking of never being able to repay me what I had done for her and how I was a true friend. 

These letters are my history and future all in one. They tell tales of love, promise and truth. Things shared that once written are forever said but not always remaining. All the letters hold meaning and made me smile. My past is what rounds us, good, bad and honest. 

Our excitement is growing at a rapid pace, as the days draw nearer to our departure. I'm going to always love this house but the important things that live between these four walls are coming with me. So there is no reason for saddness, just memories of all the love that was made and all the fun that was had. 

Back to the packing.......Bx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx