Tuesday 1 April 2014

A life in boxes!

Today I started packing boxes to move. It has been something I have struggled to start. As much as I want to move on, I'm very attached to the places I have lived. Attached to the memories that were made and the life that was created in between the four walls. I'm a shocker but I just can't help it. So I started packing and got the hardest part done first. The photos on the wall. 

I have to say I had just a little cry when the photos came down, but I think it almost made the packing easier. Easier to let go and easier to see the future. It made my home just my house. I know strange but this is me. The small things are crazy important and the big things are just a means. 

Putting your life in a box is sometimes for closure, sometimes for looking into the future and sometimes it is for our lives to move into another direction. As I was putting our things into the boxes I felt hope, saddness, excitement and a tiny bit scared. 

As the boxes start to pile high and the cupboards became empty, I say goodbye to the home that 3 of my babies came home to, where we said goodbye to many loved ones and where the house we bought back in 2004 became our home and life has been good, bad and down right strange at times kind of life. 

Back to the packing Bx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx