Tuesday 29 October 2013

A letter to the old me

Dear old me,

How are you? Are you being true to yourself and the ones around you? Have your friends got your back and care what happens to you? Have you been honest with yourself about where you stand in Your group of friends?

I hope that one day you wake up and realise how you have been treated for years. I hope you weigh up what's important in this world and if they don't rate then kick them to the kerb. I beg you to give your loyalty to ones that will return it 10 fold and not drive the knife into your rib cage. Please stop wasting time people pleasing to fit in with the so called cool kids and find people that love you for all that you are. 

My final hope is that one day you start being kind to yourself. 

Yours truly,
The you of today


When I look back  on my life here in the country, I am gutted I seem to have lost so much time on being loyal and friends with people who didn't deserve it. All I can say is I had one very big lesson to learn and it took the long way round to get to its destination. 

I thank all the negative people who have come into my life here. You were put here for a reason. You have made me stronger, much more guarded and protective of my inner workings. You have also made me humble, I no longer wish to play petty childish games, I don't want to walk away from conversations knowing full well I will be the next cab off the rank of gossip and nasty talk. I no longer will keep up with the jones! 

I am me, not perfect but happy to acknowledge it. I make huge mistakes but am happy to own when I am in the wrong. When i look in the mirror today, I like the person I see and if you don't that's ok. I'm happy with the new me. 

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx