Friday 1 November 2013

Fun, music and fairy floss

Today was my girls school fete. One of my babies hadn't been well but was so sad of the thought of missing it that we headed up to it. Once we entered the grounds the sounds were amazing. People talking, Music playing, Kids giggling and people everywhere. 

The kids were running along with the teachers lots of old fashion games. The cake stall was amazing, they even had a barista which to me is a must and gets 10 stars!!! We got our fish money to spend and we set off to find activities to partake in. Maya headed of to the sponge throwing where she was the poor  target. The rest of us looked around, of course we went to the cakes first. Coloured hair spray was next, nail painting, hair extensions and then jumping castle. All the things that young ladies would choose to do. 

Milly and I went and sat down to watch the show. There was an amazing clown who doubled as the MC! He did a magic trick that i have no clue how it worked. Im easily amused i guess. There was a few dance groups and then some young muso talents. I love music so I was captivated. I sat there singing along to myself only to look over and see some young boys in the front row singing their hearts out. I wanted to film them, but they weren't my kids. I wanted to capture that carefree behaviour. 

It was almost more captivating than the singer. These boys were having so much fun and not one care in the world. They sang as though no one was listening. 

This behaviour got me thinking tonight as I find I to do this when I'm listening to music of late. I sing and dance without caring who is around or might be listening.  It is something I find I just don't want to hide or hold in.  Music still has the same effect on me in my thirties. I'm still that 11 year old that doesn't have any cares about who is around. So maybe we don't grown up completely. So sing like no one is listening and dance like you have no cares in the world. 

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx