Monday 23 September 2013

Holidays for the kids

Today is the official start of the school holidays. Time for the kids to relax, play, rest and most of all be kids! The downer on this idea is we own a cafe that becomes even more busy in the holidays, so all of the above becomes a strategic planning exercise of work and play!

The normal transition has started between school and home. Meaning that the girls go through a change to readjust to spending 24/7 with each other. At the moment the fighting is still happening, we should be right by tomorrow as they have been better today. 

Role playing games have been happening all over. I have over heard mums and dads, rock stars, teachers, and super heroes! This part of childhood is something through the generations, technology will never change. It makes me smile hearing these games. 

The juggling act that is our working lives rotates a little with the holidays. Routine becomes relaxed, with late nights and special treats to eat. Some things remain, as in the rushing in the morning to actually get to work before the customers. All in all holidays are great!

So as the next 2 weeks go by, we will endeavour to give the girls a great holiday with camping on the weekends, friends to play with through the week and still work at the same time.

 I know this is the same for a lot of parents. The guilt that we have over things to do with our kids and the fact that you have to work. I still get bouts of this but have tried to rationalised it enough that I can not split myself in half and be the best of both worlds, but I can give each half 100% of my attention when I'm with my kids or doing my job!

It's not perfect but it is working. Bx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx