Thursday 19 September 2013

My week in review

This week started with a weekend that we achieved lots. My book work is up to date, the lawns were mowed and the yard was spring clean so to speak. We made pancakes and slept in. Even the block got a visit, with some planting of some bird attracting natives! 

Monday came around with grey clouds over head and rain hitting our noses. The rushing begins. The last week of term 3, it's crazy how this year has gone so fast, but I have felt every moment. The girls are in need of a rest but this week seems to have been the least restful of the term. 

We head to Cowra for appointments and rush around to do other errands as well. Tuesday arrives with Marty having the day off to go gun shopping. I know that sentence sounds wrong to me, but I like this interest he has developed. He seems Happy which makes me happy. The shop was busy and by 9pm that night I was exhausted. 

Wednesday, Marty gave me the day off, which I found I went to the shop 4 times and was lonely most of the day, but I thank him for seeing I was tired and giving me a chance to catch my breath. 

That night Marty tells me one and a half hours before hand we are having friends over. Inside I freak, for my house was a mess but for some reason I didn't run around like a crazy person cleaning it. I don't know when I got so relaxed but I'm starting to like her!

My kids were embarrassing. It's like something clicks inside them when people come over and every bad behaviour trait comes out for all to witness. I wish I knew the answer to get this to change! It's frustrating. Grrr

So that brings us to Thursday. Today the rushing began late as we all slept in. The girls are tired, we are tired but I try to stay calm and understanding. The girls leave the house with no tears. Yay. So tonight as they argued with each other over nothing I decided an early night was in order. 7.30pm my house became silent and as I finish this at 9.25pm I believe I will be in la la land within 10 minutes. 

So bring on the holidays with a much needed rest for the girls and a break from normal rush routine. The week is almost over, so lets see what the next brings with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx