Wednesday 4 September 2013

Touch wood

This week has brought about a new spirit in me and in my family. The show has come and gone and I survived! I put one foot in front of the other and held my head high. Actually I did better than survive, I grew. This week we have purchased a shed for our block, it's crazy scary but crazy exciting all at the same time.

 Father's Day happened with family and some of the nicest people I think I have ever met. Marty cooked the best lunch and was in his element sharing his passion with people he holds dear! We spent the day at the blocks just relaxing, chatting and eating more than is humanly possible. It was one of the best Sundays we have had this year.

I have noticed a strange sense of calm and less tension between the girls. They seem more settled and a whole lot calmer then the last few months. They are thriving at school which makes me realise after all the drama we made the best choice for them. Miss E is happy and not just for a short moment, she is actually happy. She seems less angry and I think I have been told I love you more in the last weeks than I have in her life! This is a big deal. 
Tuesday was our 13th wedding anniversary and I would say I love Marty more now than I did 13 years ago. He is more than I ever asked for and more than I ever thought was possible. He is the best husband, father and friend I could ever want. 13 isn't known to be a good luck number and this year hasn't exactly been the best for our family or me but I figure if you can come out the other side of the bad luck, that has to show the strength in a relationship and person. 

This weekend Marty and I are heading away for our anniversary. To say I'm looking forward to the getaway would be an understatement but I really, really am. Marty has paid extra for a suite and a special celebration package which includes chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate. So I have said we will go to max brenners for lunch just to make sure we have chocolate overload. 

I'm looking forward to spending non work and kid time with my best of the best friends in the world. Just chatting, seeing M rated movies, sleeping in and shopping without "I'm bored" being heard every 5 minutes. 

So to say I'm touching wood this week probably wouldnt be enough. I don't want to jinks any of my feelings, strengths or changes. I don't want to jinks the change I see in the girls, but I want to acknowledge the change. Acknowledge that I have noticed, that I haven't missed it, that I am willing to see it and build on it to keep making our life the best it can be for us. 

I love my family more than anything in the world. To see good things happening for all of them makes me happy and proud to call them mine. So it goes to show you when your being a better you it has a follow on effect on those that you surround yourself with. 

Here's to the week that was!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx