Saturday 7 December 2013

All the kings horses and all the kings men..,

It's funny how when we have time to think our brains can ponder some strange stuff. I sat this afternoon in the passenger seat of the car with 5/6 of my family. I found myself gazing at some scars and thought I wish they would fade!  I blurted this thought out to marty with no real thought. He assured me they just need time. 

I found myself after that reflecting on how the scars got there. Why they need to stay there and how time will make them fade like lost memories. This started my brain making a list if pros and cons for the situation. 

My pros seem to lead me to our scars are reminders of when we fall down we have been strong enough to get back up. Proof that we so heal and our wounds close. These scars become a badge that we wear with sometimes honor and sometimes not so much!

The cons were easier to see. It shows weakness. Weakness of my core and soul. It is embarrassing to believe I was that weak. That these scars are there because I let them happen. I let my soul get lost and taken over. These scars are evidence which I find very confronting at times. I often catch people staring at them and wonder what they must think. 

My scars will not define me. They will never rule me. Over time our scars fade and what is left in its wake is clarification and a sense of being humble with that fact you survived! So I still hate my scars but I believe they mine for a reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx