Thursday 26 December 2013

Love what you have....

Today I woke to sun beaming into the camper trailer. The sound of my girls playing out side. Martin sounded like he was having a laugh about something and my heart just swelled hearing these sounds. Only a few hours earlier Marty had woken me to come look at the sunrise taking place over the valley full of fog. 

Christmas was only yesterday, feelings off love and joy still remain. Our day yesterday was great. The girls woke us not to early, presents were open with glee and giggles. I found I kept getting distracted by the girls joy which stop me from opening my presents. Everyone kept telling me to open my ones! My Marty and my girls spoilt me big time! Actually both my parents and Marty's mum also spoilt me.  I felt huge love!

Once presents and breakfast was done we set out to finish lunch and dinner prep work and headed up to our block. That's when the heavens decided to open and continued until sunset. It made little difference to our day. All the kids still played and swam. We all still ate way to much and relaxed while chatting to loved ones. 

Our table was set for 21 was enjoyed and no plate left full. Martin spent his time  cooking food which no matter what he says, he loved more than anything. I think even with the weather and some forgetfulness this Christmas was the best we have had for a long while. 

So today as we cleaned up, I felt completely humble in knowing Christmas was pretty darn perfect. I found myself finding joy in all the little things. Watching the girls play. Having them cuddle you and say thank you for the presents they received. The sky last night was amazingly full of stars and the moon super bright even though it was only a half. Seeing my mum and dad hold hands in the afternoon. 

Small things people, they are far greater then we realise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx