Monday 2 December 2013

The week that was

This last week didn't fly by and didn't drag on. It was filled from sunrise to sunset with adventure in between. It saw kids try new things, make new friends and show responsibility that they probably didn't realise they had. I tried new things and braved things that scared me just to show the kids it was ok. 

To say I enjoyed my week is a bit of an understatement. It was a real treat to be able to go and help the school. My week also contained the hole where the rest of my family should be. I missed them like crazy. I missed Marty like crazy. While I was away, my other three little munchkins must have visited a far away land and came back able to get ready for school quickly. 

Marty talked on the phone about how good the girls were being and to be honest I held my doubts. This morning i saw it with my own eyes. These kids who struggled to be dressed let alone anything else by 9am were dressed, packed and fed by 7.45am! I was almost speechless. 

Whatever Marty did, he has now become an even bigger hero in my eyes!  The weekend was full with work, washing mowing,cleaning, a 30th birthday and that's just Saturday. The hard work paid off and we were rewarded with a trip to millthorpemarkets on Sunday with friends. What a fantastic market and a pretty little town. Sunday became complete with Christmas tree going up in anticipation of Saint Nick! The kids aren't to keen on my less is more attitude about the tree but they let me have it my way. 

The week that was, was outside the box but it was truly a memorable week. One that will last a lifetime. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx