Friday 20 December 2013

How they have grown

Today I woke to early morning foot steps of two excited little girls determine to wake up before dawn! They were sent back to bed with a smile and a thank god they didn't get to the cranky preteen who likes her sleep. Unfortunatley I was wide awake after that and found myself replaying their birth, their fight and how much these little girls had gone through to be here today. 

I remember their little fingers, their little toes and how breathing wasn't the easiest thing for Emerson and how drugged out I was to take this in for the first 12 hours. How we spent Christmas and new year new in hospital and how it only seems like yesterday with a whole lot of living in between. 

I remembered all the sleepless nights, as unlike their 2 older sisters they weren't to fond of it back then. All the breast feeding that I felt like a jersey cow with the  both of them attached to me. All the nappies, my god all the nappies! Learning to sit, crawl, walk! Toilet training, preschool, play group, play dates, swimming lessons and the list could go on. 

My heart swells knowing they aren't babies for long enough. And the amazing fact that time seems to fly but when you really think, it hasn't been that fast. 

So we got another hour and that obviously was as long as they were going to wait to have their birthday started. All four arrive in our room for our normal present opening thing. Which saw some crazy happy faces with the knowledge of what they had received today! Laughing and playing started. I still want to sleep though as we stupidly stayed up way to late, might have to fit in a nanna nap later.

Happy birthday to my gorgeous girls Georgia and Emerson who today turn 7. I love you more than I ever thought humanly possible and my heart swelled to make room for you two seven years ago and will forever be big to fit all my family in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx