Sunday 9 February 2014

Heat wave

I'm not one to complain about the heat or the cold. I love both! I love the heat, where you can swim, wear lose light clothes and being about to spend more hours outdoors than in. I love the cold, snuggling up in front of the fire, cosy sleeping where cuddling doesn't overheat you. So here I go with a bit of a whinge. 

This god dam heat wave where every day has been close to 40 if not above is starting to wear thin. Does Mother Nature  not realise that this lady and her main man are trying to build the shouse of their dreams. We just need another week to get our roof on and then it can be hot. 

In saying this we will get it all done and the rains will come and the end of summer will be mild and pleasant. I apologise for whinging about something as fickle as a shouse interruption when the farmers need rain along with the native wildlife. 

To see the kangaroos and birds coming right up to homes in search of a drink is sad. The rain is something that has been a huge missing factor this summer. No rain equals things dying. Our garden has suffered many losses and with the heat not giving up any time soon many more May follow. 

Fingers crossed some relief is on the cards and Mother Nature starts to be a little nicer to all of us. 

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx