Sunday 16 February 2014

Roller coaster of love...

I'm sitting here in the bath, eating peanut m&ms and thinking how much stuff got packed into last week. How roles were changed. How when your sick you just need someone to hold your hand. How to use a power tool. How to dance around like no one is watching. My week was full, maybe just a little to full to balance everything with 100% attention but we got through it. 

Sunday night started with a nice dose of gaestro which lasted close to 48 hours. Thankfully only myself and George got it but it was awful. I knew how horrible I felt and here is gorgeous George just being a little trooper. Kids resilience and strength is something I wish I had as an adult. They are stronger than we give them credit for. 

Tuesday was all about Jax. A new little member to our house. He is small, fluffy and at most times this week been too loved by the girls.  Jax is a kitten who has brought lots of life.  He is just a little bit of joy. 

My return to work Wednesday, saw me open my eyes and realise something was not 100% with my gorgeous husband. He seemed lost and tired and I can't quite explain it but he was missing in action and I was worried. In my own misery of being ill I had missed the clear signs that were being broadcasted in surround sound now. I started to panick as I'm the messed up one and he is the strong one. 

I was struggling. I needed help to get him to talk to someone. He did and you know what it made him even stronger my eyes. I mean he lost his dad such a short time ago with no real time to heal from it. His loss is still raw and I think he has been masking it to make the pain go away. Pain which is still such a shock. 

Thursday saw the girls swimming carnival. They were so scared being at a bigger school and competing. So it makes it a little funny to say they all did great. Maya got a first and a second. Amelia got 2 firsts and the twins got 3rd and 4th. It was the first of the kids school carnivals I have ever enjoyed. It was stress free and I had no anxiety at all. Yay for this. 

Friday saw valentines day. A day in which I feel I have everyday. As my eyes opened, Marty's arms swarmed me and I was greeted with a card and the peanut m&ms I'm currently devouring. His card was to perfect for word and my heart melted completely. 

The girls had the day off due to the twilight carnival and insisted that they needed to buy Marty and I something for the love day. They bought chocolates and made a card, which on the front read  'guess who loves you?' It went on inside about how much they loved us and we were the best mum and dad ever! My heart was then just a puddle on the floor. 

Saturday came around with a bang and we finished the week with a double shot culture night at the shop. Marty I think exceeded himself with the food. I have never eaten chicken so tender and my mouth was inlove with the mocha toffee pudding that finished the night. The entertainment was amazing and our shop even had people dancing in it. One might have been me!

So tonight as I sit here getting off the roller coaster that was my week and waiting in line for the next one. This week had love everywhere in it. From small to down right big love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx