Thursday 20 February 2014

Poppa bear and his big shoes

This year is chugging along and it's as always fast pace, but only a short amount of time has past since my amazing husband lost his dad suddenly. I've watch him fall to pieces, I've seen him seem like nothing has happen and I've seen it make huge positive changes along with huge negative changes too. 

Like all things it takes time. Time to sink in, time to grieve, time to make mistakes and time to heal. Marty is still finding ways to deal with his loss and at times hasn't always picked the right ways to but he is only human. His heart has a hole in it and only time will help it to heal. 

I found myself today seeing positives out of the dark. Martin and his mum have become even closer than they already were, and it makes me happy to see this. See his face light up when he talks to her on the phone. See his worry over her and how he puts her worry before his own grief. See him taking charge and being the man, where he can. Out of the dark this is the light. 

Our poppa bear has sometimes seemed more bear than man but that hasn't changed the amount we love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx