Wednesday 19 February 2014

Once upon a time....

Have you ever noticed how our weeks seem to be themed. Like a book with a beginning, a middle and an end. Where weeks will have a reoccurring theme, they almost keep repeating until you get the silent point that is trying to be made. 

My weeks seems to have two story lines. One of protecting myself, family and private life and the other of forgetting the past and seriously moving on. I really hadn't put much thought on how the universe seems to do this. But big brother is making his point known this week. 

My first theme has been jumping up and slapping me in the face. I am an extremely sensitive person. I don't like conflict, unless you are my soul mate that loves me more than I love him, so he tells me. I crave space for free thought patterns and being pushed, just pushes me further away. 

Social media is amazing, but it has pitfalls. Accepting a friend request, is not always what you think. Some request because they are that, they are your friend. Others kind of know you and then there are stalkers. We accept because it's rude to deny, but it leaves us very vulnerable, because then everyone thinks they know you. 

We were talking today how Facebook should have better descriptions once your friends. Like Jon smith and Sam jones are now pretend friends, etc. would make for some funny reading as you can imagine other types being listed. I'm not saying this to offend, just that I know I myself may need to assess some of the people I let into my private world. 

My second theme has been a quiet one. One I didn't fully realise until tonight. I feel good. I feel brave and I don't care anymore about events of the previous year. I started looking for a dress for the races last night. 

This was huge considering I vowed I wasn't going to put myself into the lions den, but hey, I'm going. Bigger still I'm going to organise a tent and have a blast.  This all came to me as I walked out the shop tonight past someone I haven't seen for 7 months, which considering the size of our town, amazes me. And you know what I didn't shake. My heart didn't race. I didn't feel sick, I just didn't care one little bit. Yay!!

As I know this week is not over and I'm sure there is more to this story to come. I am sure that I am getting the sub context and reading right between the lines, that I'm engaging in my life. I'm the ruler and I will decide how the story will go. Always ending in they lived happily ever after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx