Saturday 9 November 2013

Who is the strongest of them all..,,


Today we ventured up to the block for some heavy working. We had trees to remove and rocks to lift. It really didn't look like it was going to happen, as we got there and the heavens opened. We took the opportunity to have lunch in the car, in hope that the rain would stop. It did! We were so shocked as we were convinced we were going home. 

Marty and I headed out and started our work. The girls were playing and fighting. You know the normal things the girls do until they work themselves out. I thought I would see if helping us would help them to work their stuff out. It did and became a competition of who could lift the biggest tree or rock. The amazing thing was the littlest is the strongest! She lifted more than what I would try and she was ever so happy for knowing this fact. 

Watching them compete was a little cute. I know you shouldn't encourage this always but sometimes you do need to compete to prove your worth in the mix and to be honest I don't thinks its a bad life skill to have. I say this not to want my kids to be snotty show offs, just to always try their best and know that sometimes they will be better at some things when others aren't and vice versa. 

The day continued with them helping, which to be honest I thought they would have lost interest in after the first half an hour. We achieved lots and made for a fun day where everyone pitched in. Here is to happy Sundays that make you smile. Hope everyone has had a great day. Enjoy the week to come. 

Bx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi all, thanks for reading and I will try to reply to all comments. Big love Bx